School computer labs are set up with EduStation, a collection of quality free software which clients can run on any computer, no matter the operating system or age. No internet is required for this versatile solution, making it cost effective and reliable in a country where we cannot always count on internet availability.
Moodle, an open source learning platform, is also installed to keep track of student activities. Teachers can set up their own course and test content, and tests are being marked by the system and automatically added to the student grading.
EduStation features the following content and activities:
- More than 150 educational activities
- Off-line encyclopaedia with more than 24 000 pictures on almost 5 000 topics
- Computer discovery: keyboard, mouse, different mouse gestures
- Maths: table memory, enumeration, double entry table, mirror images
- Science: the canal lock, the water cycle, the submarine, electric simulations
- Geography: place the country on the map
- Games: chess, memory, connect 4, oware, sudoku
- Reading: reading practice
- Children computer programming skills
View some screenshots of the vast amount of activities available on EduStation: